Hey Hey, so I am still at it yall. I am listening to Christy Wright's Business Boutique podcasts on Spotify (no this isn't some kind of plug or ad LOL). And speaking honestly, I started listening to the podcasts just out of curiosity. I do not expect to hear anything ground breaking, after all, I have been an entrepreneur for 10+ years and a mompreneur for 6+ years. Very little is earth shattering in my line of work or on being a business owner at this point. But I did end up discovering something else… confidence and courage in ME and what I am doing.
Do you want different results in your business? Yes! Ok, how willing are you to change? Ooooo is that a no? If you keep doing what your doing, your going to keep getting what your getting. Today Christy spoke about how to achieve something different than what you are getting now. And guess what? It does require living by a new recipe! Here are the 5 tips she gave:
Ways to Grow Your Business this Summer
- Make 1 Sacrifice – what does this mean? You have to change something. So if you normally spend your evenings scrolling through Facebook, this evening you won't, you will sit and work on your dream. Or maybe you like to sleep in? Well tomorrow you are going to wake up early and work on a plan. Normally take your kids to the pool during the week in the summer? Choose a day that they have personal time in their rooms and you work on growing your clientele. This is just 1 change, go do it!
- Build 1 Key Relationship – of course you have your community, church and group but here you need to find 1 key person not in any of those groups. Go find a blogger you don't know. Go find that marketing professional you don't know. Find someone outside your norm, set a date and make magic happening. Don't think of things to do, think of people to meet who can be a resource to you! Then go to them and have coffee. The way you grow your business this summer might not be through something you do, but someone you meet!
Throw some things against the wall and see what sticks. -Christy Wright
- Do 1 Thing New – something you have never done before. Maybe you have never promoted your business on Instagram. Go promote it! Perhaps you have never done a Facebook Live video. Go Live! Maybe there is a product clients have been asking for. Take the time to create it! Go do something brand new.
How to Build Your Business
- Make 1 Investment in your Business – this can be a couple things. Perhaps it's financial. You are going to spend some money to create a marketing plan or perhaps you are going to hire an accountant to take over taxes. Perhaps your going to buy that desired piece of equipment. Another type would be Time. Perhaps you will invest your time in a different way. Or maybe you are going to work not 20 hours but 30 hours each week for the summer. Invest in something to further you and your business.
- Do 1 Thing that Makes You Uncomfortable – and the ones above do not count! Growth is Discomfort! Remember growing pains as a kid? Yeah, here we are again 🙂 Grow your business and yourself! Define that 1 thing you know you need to do and go do it. Whether it's introducing that new product or teaching a class, just go do something. Maybe you just need to really start your business, turn that hobby into a money making machine!
Every thing you ever want is on the other side of your comfort zone!
So you know you want to do something but don't know what it is? Or maybe you need help on how to refine your 50000+ ideas into a business? I highly recommend you check out her Business Ideas Bootcamp! (this isn't an ad, this is me passionately looping you into my “how to live in success sanely”) You can learn more about it here.
You can listen to Christy Wright's Business Boutique Podcasts here. And you can learn more about what Christy offers on her Business Boutique Website. She has a book, educational courses, her blog and much more I highly recommend! Ways to Grow Your Business this Summer!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.