What is Flambeau? Where does it take place? Is it kid friendly? Do I need to buy seats? These are just a few of the questions I have received and I wanted to provide some answers.
Saturday April, 27th 2019 from 7:00 pm – 10:30 pm CST
E Grayson & Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78205
$18.50 – $35 for reserved seats or arrive early and stake your claim for free Get Flambeau Parade Tickets Here
the average lot near the River Walk is $25, we parked in the Henry B Gonzalez garage for $10 then walked: 850 E Commerce St, San Antonio, TX 78205
What is Battle of Flambeau
It is a parade that goes down a very long route throughout the city filled with performers and floats. And it takes place at night! But the parade kicks off with runners from the SARR Fiesta Fandango 2.6 Mile Fun Run passing through first. They are very entertaining & very impressive!
Kid Friendly: Yes – reserved seats make things much nicer & easier but many families arrived very early and staked out spots (see photos above, we are in reserved seats & those in the background saved their spots)
- Walking around and people watch
- Arts and Crafts booths along parade routes
- Food booths throughout
- Trade Medals and take photos
- Sit out and enjoy the parade strolling by
- Wear closed toe comfy shoes
- Arrive early so that you can enjoy it before its too crowded to walk
- You can bring food and drinks
- During Fiesta it is Open Carry for Alcohol and you can order drinks to go
- Bring hand wipes and antibacterial
- Wagons and Stroller in reserved seating area would be hard
- I recommend purchasing reserved seats on the front row if you have littles otherwise you have to get there EARLY to fight for a seat
My Tips to the Flambeau Organization:
- Make reserved seating really reserved seating, towards the end of the parade the seats started filling with disobedient kids which ruined things for us
- Offer hand washing or antibacterial cleaner near food stations
And my overall is FOR Fiesta's Flambeau!!!! We will definitely go back.
The 2018 Fiesta Flambeau® Parade will celebrate its 70th anniversary with “Three Centuries…One City” as the Parade theme. It is the largest illuminated night parade and the highlight of Fiesta®. The Fiesta Flambeau® Parade continues to light up the streets of downtown San Antonio along the 2.6 mile route and viewed by an estimated 750,000+ spectators and another 1.5 million television viewers.
Leading our parade for its 70th year is our premier band, The University of Texas Longhorn Band, followed by spectacular themed floats, marching units, local, out of town and out of state bands, dance groups, equestrian units and many other attractions that create a memorable night of illuminated entertainment.
The Fiesta Flambeau ®; Parade Association, Inc.’s mission is to plan, organize, produce and stage the Fiesta Flambeau Parade annually during Fiesta San Antonio. It does so to enhance the celebration for the San Antonio community and its visitors. It is a nonprofit, volunteer organization with 96 members and more than 300 volunteers.
Can I brag on our city for a bit? After the Flambeau Parade, my hubby & I chose to walk from our seats at Alamo & Losoya to Pearl. This gave us the ability to walk the parade route and yall, TRASH WAS EVERYWHERE! It was quite unbelievable! But guess what happened next…The city of San Antonio sent recycling trucks out & they were picking up recyclable goods and emptying the many recycling bins they had put out. After recycling was picked up the trash trucks came through, then finally the street sweepers. It was so impressive & really made my heart happy to see how our city makes it possible (and even encourages) events like these! A big thank you to all those hard working men & women. Without their clean up efforts, this would not be possible!
Check out my other Fiesta Reviews
- My Fiesta Outfit Ideas – Fiesta San Antonio Fashion Haul
- What is the Battle of Flowers Parade – Fiesta
- What is the Texas Cavalier River Parade – Fiesta
- What is Festival de Animales – Fiesta
- What is Fiesta Flambeau Parade – Fiesta San Antonio
- What is the King William Parade & Fair – Fiesta
- What is NIOSA – San Antonio Fiesta
- Charreada – Fiesta San Antonio
- Viva Botanica – Fiesta San Antonio
- What is A Taste of New Orleans – Fiesta
- What is Oyster Bake – Fiesta San Antonio
- What is Alamo Heights Night – Fiesta San Antonio
- What is Fiesta Fiesta – Fiesta Launch Party
- What is Fiesta in San Antonio TX?