This post does contain affiliate links but is not sponsored by GlossyBox. These are all my own thoughts, ideas and comparisons. Thanks for reading about this Glossy Box July 2020 – Aloha Review.
GLOSSYBOX is a monthly beauty box subscription filled with five beauty essentials worth over $60 for you to discover.
- Cost: starting at $18 a month, including shipping for 5 – 6 items
- Frequency: Monthly
- Coupon Code: PINKENVELOPE for 22% off
- Do I Recommend: Yes, it's not my favorite box personally, because I do not like samples but others love it
GlossyBox Review & Experience
So Glossy Box is a beauty subscription box that is monthly. They send 5 to 6 premium items with a value of $60 or more. Most everything I have ever received or seen others received is a sample size. So you must be cool with receiving samples! I am not a sample girl, I can't ever tell if I like the product or not with so little to try. I also think they cause clutter. All of the brands seem to be great. The box everything came in is my favorite part. It is so cute and it is a nice box! I plan to reuse it to store things. Of the 7 products I received, I am excited about none of them but will try 3 of them.
One of the things that Glossy Box does offer than I think is both weird and cool is that you can subscribe Monthly at $21, or you can sign up for a year at only $18 a month, and they don't make you pre-pay upfront. Your card is still charged monthly at the lower rate. So you don't have to come up with a large payment to get started, which is nice. I know for others like Ipsy, Boxy Charm, Allure, etc., to get the cheaper yearly rate, you have to pre-pay. So I did want to share this.
Here is what I received in the Glossy Box July 2020 – Aloha
- Polaar Northern Light Smoothing Cream – nice lotion, no scent really, I tossed it in my office desk to keep at work.
- Monuskin Soothing Hawaii Facial Oil in Sandalwood & Lavender – these are 2 of my all-time favorite scents, but I don't use scents on my face because it triggers headaches.
- Palm Balm Lip & Cheek Balm & Color in Mauve Wave – not a product I enjoy using just as a whole
- Freeman Hawaiian Black Salt Peel-Off Mask – I usually only use sheet masks because the other masks are too messy and/or they hurt LOL, but I do think I am going to give this a try. It says 3 – 4 uses in this sample.
- Hask Coconut Oil Deep Conditioner – got 2 of these and can't use them, my hair hates coconut.
- Daily Concepts Exfoliating Dual Texture Scrubber in Mild – I have used their gloves several times before, and they are great! So I will add this to that pile for later use. I love these during the summer when my skin is rough & in the winter when I'm self-tanning.
Anyhow, all that aside, I received seven items in this box, of which 2 of the items I can't use and plan to gift to a friend. The remaining five items I will try but I did go ahead and cancel my subscription because even just this one box of samples has started the clutter stress in me LOL. If you're on the fence, check out these past boxes:
Interested in seeing what other types of subscription boxes are out there? Check these out here:
- 10 Subscription Boxes for Men – Christmas 2020
- How To Make a Eucalyptus and Pine Garland
- 9 Best Subscriptions for Kids in 2020
- CrateChef Review – Chef Jason Dady
- Happily – Date Night in a Box