What is King William Parade? Where does it take place? Is it kid friendly? Do I need to buy tickets in advance? These are just a few of the questions I have received and I wanted to provide some answers.
Admission: Adults: $15 and Kids 12 and Under are free
Parking: lots are about $20 but there is street parking for free if you get there early or if your tricky (my hubby owned this for us)
Location: King William District
From King William Parade:
The King William Fair is a family fair with art and craft vendors, live music and dance on five stages, food and beverage booths, a Kids Kingdom play area and a small but quirky parade, all on the streets of the historic district with its stately homes and gracious gardens.
The King William Association, established in 1967, celebrates the history and diversity of Texas’ first historic neighborhood. Proceeds provide educational scholarships for inner-city students, art programs for elementary through high school and revitalization for historic preservation of the King William Neighborhood. It may be the only neighborhood association in the entire state with four historic districts within its boundaries, including the state’s oldest district created by city ordinance and three districts recognized by the National Register of Historic Places.
What is the King William Parade & Fair
Kid Friendly: Yes
- Shopping, lot of it at the Festival following the parade
- Great Festival Food
- The Parade
- Trade Medals and take photos
- People Watch
- Listen to live music and bands
- Wear closed toe comfy shoes
- Try the Wine Popsicles!!!
- Open carry of alcohol is allowed within this area during Fiesta
- Bring hand wipes and antibacterial
- Wagons and Strollers are allowed but will be very hard to move around with
- With Young Kids you might want to skip the middle/end of the parade so that you can do the festival because once the parade ends the festival is too crowded
- My kids aren't into festival for so we pack them lunches
My Tips to King William Parade & Festival:
- Offer Antibacterial in the food area
- More space between and around the food and music area
- Start the margarita machines sooner
And my overall is FOR Fiesta's King William Parade & Fair!!!! We will definitely go back.
Check out my other San Antonio Fiesta Reviews
- My Fiesta Outfit Ideas – Fiesta San Antonio Fashion Haul
- What is the Battle of Flowers Parade – Fiesta
- What is the Texas Cavalier River Parade – Fiesta
- What is Festival de Animales – Fiesta
- What is Fiesta Flambeau Parade – Fiesta San Antonio
- What is the King William Parade & Fair – Fiesta
- What is NIOSA – San Antonio Fiesta
- Charreada – Fiesta San Antonio
- Viva Botanica – Fiesta San Antonio
- What is A Taste of New Orleans – Fiesta
- What is Oyster Bake – Fiesta San Antonio
- What is Alamo Heights Night – Fiesta San Antonio
- What is Fiesta Fiesta – Fiesta Launch Party
- What is Fiesta in San Antonio TX?