It's Fashion Thursdays where I talk about, show off and overall have fun on the web! This week I have been playing with and experimenting with LipSense. For those who don't know what it is LipSense, it is a premier product made by SeneGence and is unlike any conventional lipstick, stain or color (so they say). It is waterproof, does not kiss-off, smear-off, rub-off or budge-off! Create your own color palette by combining colors from over 50 shades. So naturally I wanted to put it to the test. The 1st couple of times were not so good, so NOTE – you have to know the process of application and well. The 2nd & 3rd times were better in the application part but not in the longevity part. NOTE – you need to research tips and tricks for success (which I will list below). 4th & 5th times I saw better results all the way around, I applied it perfectly and it lasted longer but even still I'm missing something. So my next test will focus on the longevity.
Application of LipSense – You must have healthy lips, yall this is essential so read at the bottom of this post on how to get healthy lips so that the stain can bond and last.
- Clean and dry lips
- Shake your color well
- Start at the tops of your lips (cupids bow) and brush down to the corner drawing the outside line
- Then fill your lips (at your waterline) with color using one smooth full motion from top to corners
- Then repeat on bottom lip
- Let 1st layer completely dry (about 5 seconds, yes it might sting, keep mouth open & not touching)
- Apply a 2nd and ever 3rd layer repeating the steps above
- Finish it off with the top coat of your choice to seal, don't apply too much, it will drip down your chin
- Now your lips can touch
- Bring your top coat of choice with you for touch ups later in the day (this is the part I'm still testing)
How to get Healthy Lips:
- Exfoliate your lips
- Ditch the chapsticks and lip balm while using LipSense
- Before applying LipSense I like to wipe my lips with an alcohol swab to ensure cleanliness
We want no dead skin or build up. A great exfoliator is Rodan & Fields Micro-Dermabrasion paste.
As for colors they have a ton of them but I only use 3 of them and I have a gloss and matte finish top coat, both are awesome! So if you are just starting out, snag a couple colors, I did a bright pink and a light pink and then chose a high gloss and then a matte finishing top coat so I have a ton of variety.
So message my girl here to buy:
So I just have to give a shout out to my favorite florist! She has the cutest shop in downtown Tomball and allowed me to take all of the above photos in her shop. She designs for corporate events, weddings, personal parties and more. Then from her shop you can order bouquets. She is not a traditional florist, she takes everything outside the box and above expectation, it is beyond impressive. So shout out to Bramble & Bee for making this happen.