Travel & Experience: Vacationing in Dripping Springs at Lucky Arrow Retreat
Lucky Arrow Retreat Hotel sits on 15 acres of pure Texas Hill Country beauty, adjacent to Bell Springs Winery on the outskirts of scenic Dripping Springs.
Where we stayed: Lucky Arrow Retreat
- I describe Lucky Arrow as Resort Style Camping. And yes, they have yurts and yes, you can glamp!
- They have hot tubs (yes more than 1), a very nice pool and fire pits all on campus and they are a very short walking distance from a great winery. Major props for all of these things!!!
- They have their own wine tour called the Troop Tour and we did it and it was a blast (more below).
Lucky Arrow Retreat Review
How long we stayed: 3 days & 2 nights
Good for Kids: Yes of all ages and Pet friendly too
Where we ate:
- Tillie's at Camp Lucy – hands down some of the very best food I have had in a long time. Reservations are best but they do have a lounge and bar that is open seating. I highly recommend!
- Treaty Oak's restaurant – Alice's – not to sounds redundant but once again, absolutely amazing food and stellar customer service.
- and then we snacked a lot. A lot a lot LOL at all the different vineyards and distilleries we visited
Vacationing in Dripping Springs, TX
The Troopy Wine Tour
We did the Texas Fine Wines Tour and it was $135 per person and went from 11:00am – 3:00pm-ish. Itinerary includes: Solaro Estate Winery, Hawk’s Shadow Winery, Bell Springs Winery, with lunch at Treaty Oak Distilling. Includes complimentary bottled water, one complimentary tasting at each winery but you pay for your lunch at Treaty Oak. This is the outdoorsman wine tour. If you want fancy, this isn't for you. But if you want back road, wind in your hair and unique, this is for you. We loved it!
Other Drippin' Places to Visit:
- SideCar Tasting Room – very chill location with plenty of locals hanging out. Bring a game or grab one of theirs. Sip wine, listen to live music both indoors and outdoors. We thoroughly enjoyed this place and it's downtown Dripping and close to Lucky Arrow.
- Deep Eddy's – just one of those places you have to experience. It is so cute inside (although very loud). Indoor and Outdoor seating. Delicious drinks. And you can do tastings here as well.
- Hamilton Pool – one of the best swimming holes in Texas. You can bring a picnic, spread out a towel on the small beach area, or just wander through the surrounding trails to check out the wildlife. Reservations encouraged!
- Hudson's on Mercer – almost every night there is live music, karaoke, or an open mic night show. And seeing that most everything around closes at 7pm, this is the place to be for night owls.
Our Favorite Features:
- Pet & Kid Friendly
- Their own wine tour
- Very nice pool
- They have yurts and glamping
- Winery next door you can walk to
- Great place to unplug and relax
Peace Out Dolls and until next time…