Travel & Experience: Vacationing at The Marriott Marquis Houston
Marriott Marquis Houston Review – This hotel is located in the heart of Downtown, connected via skybridge to the George R. Brown Convention Center. This Houston hotel boasts 1,000 guest rooms and over 100,000 SF of meeting space, including Houston’s largest ballroom. The Houston Marquis features a Texas shaped lazy river and infinity pool, along with a pavilion all overlooking Discovery Green Park. They feature a full service spa and fitness center, high energy two story sports bar, two specialty restaurants, wine bar, cafe, and pool bar & grill. The hotel is convenient to the Theater District, Entertainment District, shopping and dining through the new Metro Rail lines right on property. Perfect choice for group, business, and leisure guests.
Where we stayed: The Marriott Marquis in Houston, TX
- As a few of you might know, I'm a germ-a-phobe! So I bring Lysol anti-bacterial wipes with me everywhere. So we check in and I immediately wipe down the entire room to find nothing dirty. The room is impeccable! I am very impressed! The room is also very spacious and we have a view of the BBVA Compass Stadium and the city. A big Thumbs Up!
- Shower – we had a great shower with strong pressure but not skin peeling some others. The hot water lasted forever. which is another big plus for me. Thumbs up for a great shower. There was no tub.
Marriott Marquis Houston Review
How long we stayed: 3 days & 2 nights
Good for Kids: Yes of all ages
Where we ate:
- M Club Lounge – the concierge's suites is on the 6th level near the pool with snacks, drinks and treats and well worth the upgrade. We had shrimp and grits as well as duck potstickers and both were yummy. They have a variety of Pepsi product drinks as well as Sweet & Savory treats. Everything we had was yummy and it was so nice to not have to leave but rather stay put and enjoy the pool.
- The High Dive restaurant by the Pool – we ordered a grilled chicken sandwich with fries and it was very yummy. They served it to us by the pool, the portions are good and it tasted so good and fresh. We also ordered a piña colada but it wasn't very good at all. We didn't even finish it in fact.
- Phoenicia Speciality Foods – this grocery store and restaurant combo is across the street from the hotel and is delicious! They have a huge variety of groceries and meals to enjoy. Definitely a Must Check Out when looking for casual dining or purchasing food to take to your room!
Vacationing at The Marriott Marquis Houston Texas
Best Features in our Marriott Marquis Houston Review:
- the Texas shaped lazy river with infinity edge overlooking Discovery Green. With the large shape of the river there is alot of poolside seating. There is a splash pad for babies (not soft or padded just low level fountains on cement) and they serve snacks and drinks throughout. The Hopadillo shown below is the 20 oz can and only $7.50.
- they have games on the green at the back of the pool area where you can play Bocce Ball, Jenga, and more! Also would make a great area to hold an event (wedding or corporate).
- several good restaurants that are inside or connected to the hotel and several that are just across the street.
- Discovery green is across the street which is a great mini version of NYC's central park.
- this hotel is directly connected to the George R Brown convention center so the walk over is indoors and air conditioned.
The Marriott Marquis in Houston, TX
Complaints about our Marriott Marquis Houston Review:
- parking is expensive at $24 a day (with in and out privilege) or $38 with valet. There is some street parking if you brave enough which is $2 an hour during the day only. If you do street side look into the Park Hopper for $7. There are some $6 lots a block or so down the road but they are a walk and are unwatched lots.
- the lazy river doesn't have jets inside to keep you moving so I often heard people complaining that they wish it has more flow to prevent paddling constantly and river jams. Vacationing at The Marriott Marquis Houston
- the ‘pool rules' are very soft. So the adult pool was never an adult pool. The hot tub was never enforced so kids were everywhere which I didn't care for. In the same right I brought my own drinks down to the pool every day and nobody stopped me. They only serve drinks and food from noon – 7pm so if you arrive before or after these hours you are out of luck. Towels were often hard to get as well. (we were there monday-wednesday so maybe the rules are more strict on the weekends)
Marriott Marquis Houston Review
What's Near By:
- The Toyota Center, Discovery Green, Minute Maid Park, George R Brown Convention Center, BBVA Compass Stadium and more! Great place to stay if you are attending anything at these.
- Blo Montrose – after swimming all day I hopped in an Uber and drove less than 3 miles down the road to Blo blow dry bar where they wash, dry and styled my hair plus did my makeup. I was set to go out that night without lifting a finger!
- 8th Wonder Brewery is .7 miles away and a nice indoor and outdoor place to hang from 11am – 10pm. Check out this Houston born and brewed beer.