This post does contain affiliate links but is not sponsored by or promoted by anyone. These are all my own thoughts, ideas and comparisons. Thanks for reading about Plate Meal Planning App.
Ultra-personalized, fast recipes and shopping lists to prepare delicious meals tailored to your lifestyle. Meal Planning App.
Cost: $69 for 6 months and $99 for 12 months. Sign up below & get a 10 Day Free Trial
Frequency: you plan your meals as needed, I plan once per week
Coupon Code: $10 off any plan with code: PINK10 (sign up using pink button below)
What is PlateJoy?
PlateJoy is a Meal Planning App easy to use via website, iPad and iPhone app that shows you how to eat healthy and easily. They make Meal Planning & Grocery Shopping fun. The Key to Eating Healthy with Meal Planning Made Easy!
PlateJoy Meal Planning Options
- Low FODMAP – Specialized diet for IBS and digestive issues.
- Low Carb – Low grains, limits high-glycemic foods
- Paleo – No grains and legumes, limits high-glycemic foods
- Diabetic / Pre-diabetic – No grains and legumes, no high-glycemic foods
- Ketogenic – No grains, very low carb; high fat
- 30-Day Cleanse – No grains, Dairy, Legumes or Sugars
My PlateJoy Experience
I have been using PlateJoy off and on for a while now and I'm here to say – Try It! It is accessible from everywhere which is so nice. You complete your family's preferences just once and it builds recipes for you into infinity (and beyond!). It didn't take long, less than 5 minutes to complete.
Then I moved into selecting the specific meals I liked and that I am willing to try to cook from their list of suggestions. I requested all meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks & Desserts. But I focused most of my selections on Lunch, Dinner and Batch Meal options.
Key to Eating Healthy with Meal Planning Made Easy
Then lastly I did the pantry portion where I told them what I like to buy, what I already have and what I'm willing to buy from the grocery store. That too was fast and very easy to complete. And bam, I have Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks and Desserts all planned out for the entire week.
So then I wondered, how do I get the food? Well, I clicked over and a grocery list is provided. I just open the PlateJoy app on my phone and check the boxes as I shop. Or I can click Send all to Instacart and have them do the shopping for me. (get instacart here and get $10 off)
So next we cook. If you haven't watched the video up top, stop and do so now. It's super informative and show me cooking (don't laugh, I'm an amateur at best). But you can see the final photo of the very delicious meal I made (quite quickly I might add) below. So take a moment and sign up here at $10 off and use PlateJoy as your brand new assistant and Meal Planning App guru.
So Why Not Just Use Pinterest?
I am so glad you asked! I am a huge Pinterest recipe seeker however even with as much as I love digging for those golden recipes here is why I am liking PlateJoy more:
- no more “your pin has been deleted” ordeals where I loose yet another recipe
- no more tracking back or loosing recipes I loved
- and no more trial and error to find the recipes that are real (and not something someone just typed up but never actually cooked….oh yeah there are a few of these)
- I am cooking more efficiently and cost effectively
- I am saving Soooooooo much time! No more rabbit trails, planning can be done in minutes from my work desk during a 15 minute break.
- grocery shopping is included – Yay Instacart
- it starts to learn what we like, dislike, etc so that meals become more custom to me