What is Texas Cavalier River Parade? Where does it take place? Is it kid friendly? Do I need to buy tickets in advance? These are just a few of the questions I have received and I wanted to provide some answers.
You can buy tickets in advance for $14 – $28 Get Tickets Here
Or you can arrive early to save your own spot for free (the city reserves 1 whole side of the Riverwalk for corporations which makes public seating very limited)
The average lot is $25 but you can find a few around that are cheaper. We paid $7 here: 248 Convent St, San Antonio, TX 78205 (must arrive early though)
Starts around Navaro St & St Mary's St and goes down to the Henry B Gonzalez center on the Riverwalk. Check out the map and the official website to see what time the parade passes your location here: Official Parade Route
What is the Texas Cavalier River Parade
This is a river parade that goes down the Riverwalk hosted by the Texas Cavaliers. Bands, Organizations, Entertainers and more float by on the river boats singing, dancing, tossing beads and more! We decided not to go down to the river but instead packed a picnic and sat in the back of our car in one of the local parking lots and looked down upon the parade. We paid $7 for parking and a killer view. Although being this high meant we didn't get to catch beads. It did mean we beat traffic and were not crowded. We also only had to arrive slightly early to get our spot.
Kid Friendly: Yes
- Watch the river boats filled with entertainment
- People watching
- Shop the carts that come by
- Trade Medals and take photos
- Wear closed toe comfy shoes if you go down to the river's edge
- Arrive early if you haven't purchased seats because the city reserves 1 whole side of the Riverwalk for corporations which makes seating very limited if you haven't bought seats
- Be creative with seating (read my story above)
- Pack a picnic
- Open carry of alcohol is allowed within this area during Fiesta
- Bring hand wipes and antibacterial
- Wagons and Strollers are allowed but will be impossible to move around with
And my overall is FOR Fiesta's Texas Cavalier River Parade!!!! We will definitely go back.
Texas Cavalier RiverParade History
From the Texas Cavalier River Parade Organization:Each year hundreds of thousands of people line the banks of the San Antonio River to view the most unusual parade in America…the Texas Cavaliers River Parade! This year’s parade, entitled “Magnificent Missions” promises an evening of family fun with live music, celebrities and lights. More than 45 festively decorated floats sponsored by local community organizations and military installations drift down the river. King Antonio XCVI reigns over the evening’s festivities and gives a Texas-sized welcome to the enthusiastic spectators along the winding route. The money raised through the parade is donated to children’s charities in our community through the Texas Cavaliers Charitable Foundation.
Founded in 1926, the Texas Cavaliers consist of over 600 business, civic and community leaders seeking to give back to the community and support those in need. Texas Cavaliers and their generous supporters have raised over $3 million. In 2016, they raised more than $1 million and helped over 900 children through monetary donations and supporting programs all across San Antonio through the Texas Cavaliers Charitable Foundation.
Check out my other Fiesta Reviews
- My Fiesta Outfit Ideas – Fiesta San Antonio Fashion Haul
- What is the Battle of Flowers Parade – Fiesta
- What is the Texas Cavalier River Parade – Fiesta
- What is Festival de Animales – Fiesta
- What is Fiesta Flambeau Parade – Fiesta San Antonio
- What is the King William Parade & Fair – Fiesta
- What is NIOSA – San Antonio Fiesta
- Charreada – Fiesta San Antonio
- Viva Botanica – Fiesta San Antonio
- What is A Taste of New Orleans – Fiesta
- What is Oyster Bake – Fiesta San Antonio
- What is Alamo Heights Night – Fiesta San Antonio
- What is Fiesta Fiesta – Fiesta Launch Party
- What is Fiesta in San Antonio TX?